Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Amarillo










We've been in Amarillo for a few days and have had lots of fun.  We drove in on July 4th to celebrate with family.  The drive was great except for Brec asking if we were there yet beginning in Denton. 

On Sunday, the Gee clan come to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and playtime.  The boys got to play in the sprinkler and shoot us with water guns.  That was fun especially when Grandpa was soaked.  We walked down the alley to see the big fireworks show but it was delayed due to wind.  Unfortunately, the boys could not sit still that long and we decided to take them back to the house around 10:15 for baths.  Finally the show started around 10:40 but Ashton and I missed it because he was going to sleep. 

On Monday, we drove to the farm before lunch to play.  My city kids always love the farm equipment and the big space to run and play in.  No wonder we want such a big lot in Allen...  Brec wanted to go to Sakura that night for dinner so away we went.

On Tuesday, we went back to the farm for dinner, playtime, and more fireworks.  Brec, Ashton, and I got to ride in the semi with Tim and Samuel and even honk the horn.  That thing is loud if you are in front of it.  After it got dark, we rode in the kabota to the back of the house (what I call the alley) and watched while Tim set off the fireworks.  The boys had fun clapping after they went off.

Today, the maids are supposed to be here at 8 am.  We didn't wake up until 8 since we were out so late and the boys were exhausted.  I'm glad that they were late so we had time to get ready and get out of the house.  After a donut I took the boys bowling.  What in the heck was I thinking???

No comments:

Post a Comment