My sister and mom flew into Dallas Friday morning. They enjoyed some shopping before we
We drove to Durant and checked into our room. The room was very nice and the resort pool was amazing. I wish that I would have brought my swimsuit although we didn't really have time to enjoy the pool. We had to hit the casino for some slots. I really didn't get the whole appeal of the slots so I didn't do too much of that. But my mom and sister had a good time. My sister won $16 on the $2 she bet.
The concert was that evening at the casino. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Saltgrass BBQ (yes, the same as Austin although not as good) and headed to the show.
I really enjoyed the show. Crystal Gayle travels with her own band and they are a talented bunch. Jay Patten played so many instruments and was amazing to watch. She also included her sister Peggy Sue. We even got to meet her afterwards for autographs and pictures.
Unfortunately we had to head back to Dallas for a funeral that morning at 10:30 for our dear friend Pam. Although it was nice for all of us to be there together.
No comments:
Post a Comment