Monday, July 30, 2012

Riding the Train

For over a year, I have been wanting to ride the Trinity Railway Express to Fort Worth and eat at Pizzeria Uno.  I had looked at it last year and I was just worried that Ashton couldn't handle a trip that long.  But since he's a year older (and Brec's swimming is more difficult because of his cast), I decided to brave the trip to Fort Worth.

We parked at the Bush Turnpike Station to ride the DART.  The boys were excited as we waited about 10 minutes for the train.



We boarded the train and the boys had to each have window seats.



 Once we arrived at Union Station we were able to board the TRE immediately.  We had about 15 minutes to wait so we used the restroom in the train and got great seats with a table on the top level.


The boys were so excited that they were talking nonstop.  A man decided that they were too talkative and moved.  I guess he couldn't handle happy, chatty kids.

We arrived in Fort Worth right on time.  We got on Molly the Trolley and rode to Pizzeria Uno.


The boys each ordered the Build Your Own Pizza for lunch.  
They bring you the crust, sauce, cheese and your topping and the kids got to put it together.
Ashton did not really care about building his pizza that much.






Brec was a lot more involved in his pizza building.











After lunch we walked to Fire Station No. 1 to see the 150 Years of Fort Worth Exhibit.







After seeing this exhibit we walked to Barnes and Noble.  The boys each got a free book with their reading program.


The boys loved seeing the fairies (their words) with their trumpets at Bass Performance Hall.


At this point we had missed the first train that I thought we would ride back to Dallas on.  Brec and Ashton wanted a snack so we stopped at Yumilicious for yogurt.



I had to rush them to finish so we'd make the 4:42 train back to Dallas.  Molly the Trolley was running late so we ended up missing that train by two minutes.  We had to wait until the 5:16 train so we got a drink at Subway and waited.


We finally got on the train and were on our way.


We arrived back at Union Station at 6:11 and I was so thankful that William picked us up.  We'd been gone from home since 9 o'clock that morning and we were tired.  Of course, the boys can't wait to take Daddy one Saturday when it is cooler.  









No comments:

Post a Comment