We decided to visit the Planet Shark exhibit. Brec loved it.
| Brec and Ben in a shark diving cage. |
Brec loved the Children's Museum part. He dressed up as a fireman. Ashton looked at him like he was CRAZY!!! It was great.
We also visited The Magic School Bus exhibit as well as more of the Children's Museum. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that. The kids loved digging in the rocks for fossils. I was glad that it wasn't sand or Brec would not have been able to dig.
After finishing at the main building we went to the Old Mill Inn for lunch. They were not busy and I was a bit worried. We ordered and sat down. One of the waiters brought the kids coloring pages and crayons. Aliina and I were able to sit and eat lunch with the kids being happy. The food was okay but no one complained.
After lunch we went to the other part of the museum. I really thought that the grumpy security guard from the Natural History Museum in NYC had migrated to Dallas. But no...I think security guards with complexes are just another exhibit! Ashton didn't care for all the taxidermy animals. But the kids all loved the jewels as well as the more technical exhibit with sound and lasers.
When we were done we stopped by the Lagoon Nature Walk. I seriously thought that what the kids were walking on was just a big mess from a State Fair long ago. But there is actually a story behind it. Who knew???
Brec and Ben were more than willing to venture out. Ana too.
Ashton was a bit more hesistant. Ana was so sweet and took him by the hand and led him out.
Then Ben and Brec helped Ashton and Ana out on the big sculpture and we got a picture of all four kids.
We had a great day hanging out with dear friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment