Monday, August 27, 2012

First Trains Arrive in Frisco

We have been following the Museum of the American Railroad's move from Fair Park to Frisco with much excitement.  Today they posted on Facebook that they would be moving a Santa Fe M160, two Pullman cars, and boxcars from Irving at 2:35 pm.  We were at Sonic when I saw the update (getting an afterschool snack with the rest of the world).  So, we finally got our drinks and headed to Frisco.

We arrived and the trains weren't there yet but there were some news types and some railroad guys.  I was the only mom with her boys there at that point.  We had to wait about fifteen minutes and be interviewed by the Dallas Morning News and the Frisco Visitor's Bureau for the arrival.  But it was worth it!


By the time the train had come in, more people were there along with moms and their kids.  At least I'm not alone!  But we enjoyed watching the trains and can't wait for more to be moved.  











No comments:

Post a Comment