Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Madame Queen

While we were in Amarillo we went to visit The Madame Queen (ATSF 5000).



I was surprised to find out that tours were actually given on Saturday mornings.  So we loaded up and went last Saturday.  I had no idea that they gave tours and we were really excited to find out that you could actually go inside the cab of the locomotive.  Brec sat in the fireman's seat and the engineer's seat.



They had sent the bell to be polished so Brec couldn't ring the bell.  He asked the tour guide a million questions.  He had a great time.



Ashton was much more timid.  I'm not sure if he thought he was around royalty because he was in a real train or what.  I did find out why I named Ashton his name.  


The Steam Pressure Gauge was manufactured by the Ashton Company.  No wonder he causes me so much pressure.  At least his name fits!





No comments:

Post a Comment