Today was a fairly busy day for me which was both good and bad. The day started off with Brec going to school at 7:20. I had to wake him up because Tropical Storm Hermine has made it rain and be so dreary outside that we were all asleep. Again I ask that question--"Why can't they sleep late on non-school days?"
But, no, I woke Brec up and he drank his "coffee" in our bed while I got him dressed. No breakfast whatsoever because he just refuses to eat that early. He'd prefer his breakfast around 9 or so. So, he gets on his school bus in the pouring rain and I go back inside to take care of chores.
I got most everything done and got to sit and wait for Ashton to wake up so I could get him ready for Mother's Day Out. At 8:30 I decided that I needed to wake him up so I went upstairs and got him ready. We were out the door for his first day of Mother's Day Out at 8:40. I was really impressed that once we got inside (again it was raining very hard so I had to carry him and all the crap inside that he needed) he started to walk on his own. We walked very slowly to his classroom but he walked inside all on his own. He did tell me to come on in the room with him but he walked in to see the bubbles all on his own and didn't cry unlike all the other kids. I felt sorry for his teachers.
I went to work out and then back home to take care of a few things and wait for Brec's school bus. He got home and we watched 15 minutes of Cat and the Hat (the new show on PBS which I'm thankful for because I get way too much of Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat and his trust fund). We then brushed his teeth and headed to the dentist. Now, this could be an issue. I told Brec that if the dentist gets to do everything she needs to do we will go to McDonald's and even eat inside--very scary!!! With a lot of cajoling we did get everything done but his x-rays which they didn't even try. His teeth looked fantastic and we got an A for brushing!
McDonald's was a lot of fun and then we headed to pick Ashton up. He had a great day and ate most of his food. He even made a little dog for his craft project and took a short nap on his Mickey Nap Mat that I made. Of course he had to make a real impact as we were walking out telling his teacher that there was poop in the butt. Lovely...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment