Monday, September 20, 2010

Silly Putty

I've always loved silly putty.  I have fond memories of using it to transfer the comics from the newspaper to the silly putty when I was little. 


So when Brec asked me if he could have some at Hobby Lobby this weekend I said sure.  Little did I know what was going to happen.  First, William stuck it in his pocket that night during dinner and it "melted" to his pocket.  I was able to peel it off for the most part.  But last night Brec took it to bed without us knowing.  He came downstairs this morning and got in bed with us.  I immediately felt something sticky on his neck and pajamas and lo and behold he had silly putty on them.  But the worst part was this:

Obviously that isn't Brec because at 5:45 am I had little interest in getting the camera.  My main concern was getting it out of his hair without having to shave his head.  William did some quick research and we discovered the oil works well in hair (although WD40 will dissolve it entirely but isn't recommended for hair).  We were able to get it out of his hair and send him on his way to school without any major trauma.

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved silly putty, although I always get a weird craving to eat it (which I never have), but apparently my children are not old enough for it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the worst, when it happens early in the morning before you can even function normally!

    I used to bite into silly putty when I was a kid :)

    ReplyDelete