Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brothers!


Sometimes I am truly amazed at how sweet my two boys can be together.  Yesterday we were outside playing and both boys decided that they needed push-up pops.  So, inside Brec went to get one for himself and one for Ashton.  Brec always seems to think about his brother and get him something when he is getting something for himself.  After I opened Brec's push-up pop he went to sit down in his little chair. After I opened Ashton's, he decided to go sit with Brec.  I would have thought that Brec would have told Ash to sit in his own chair.  But he didn't.  The two of them sat there together for at least 15 minutes eating their push-up pops.  This love is also very apparant in the morning when Brec leaves for school and especially when he comes home.  Ashton always is waiting for Brec outside and runs to the curb when he sees the school bus approach.  I know that it scares the bus driver but it is so cute to see little Ashton standing on the curb just waiting for his brother to come home.  They hug and walk inside the house holding hands.

This love also shows when Ashton is experiencing some of his terrible two moments.  Today we went to Tom Thumb to buy cream cheese and half and half to put in the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes that I decided to make.  The boys sat nicely in the little car that you can push in the store.  In fact I actually thought that I could just walk around the store for an hour since they were contained and happy.  But we needed to go so we checked out and took the basket to the lobby.  Brec hopped out and was ready to leave.  Ashton was not.  He refused to get out and once I was able to hoist his big body out he threw himself on the ground crying.  Was I embarrased?  Heck no.  I stood by patiently waiting for him to get over himself so we could go home.  Brec, on the other hand, tried to help Ashton up and told him that it would be okay.  So sweet!  Ashton finally decided to crawl, yes crawl, out to the sidewalk where he again laid face first for 5 minutes.  I'm sure I looked like the most excellent mother but he just has to learn and I'm going to let him.  I'm in charge not him.  I finally showed him the little cups that I bought for Brec and him to drink out of and that got us on our way.  We walked back down to Jason's Deli with the two boys carrying their little cups happy as could be. 
This is, of course, my sweet 21 month old who thinks that he should be able to do everything his brother does.

No comments:

Post a Comment