Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Castaway Cay (12/3/10)

Castaway Cay is Disney's private island.  I'm not much of a beach person but this place is a tropical paradise.  Disney just expanded the island in order for the Disney Dream to be able to dock.  The also added private cabanas, a new splash pad for the kids, a new Cookies Too for lunch, and a water slide.  We decided to go ahead a rent a cabana for the day.  We are so glad we did.  It was heavenly and we enjoyed the island for the entire day instead of only a few hours. 

The private cabanas also included a private beach area for use by the cabana guests only. 
This is a picture from our veranda.



The main beach area.


Donald at the Post Office



Brec and Jack Sparrow

Take my picture by the rock

On the Castaway Air Transportation with Tinkerbell

Brec and his non-alcoholic punch.  The boys and William went through two pitchers of that stuff.

Mommy and Ashton on the hammock.


Brec found lots of fossils.

Playing in our shower

The new splash pad




Mommy on one of the lounge chairs

The Disney Magic from the Cabana





I failed to mention that I was sick the entire night before our day at Castaway Cay.  I was so thankful for the cabana because I could not have enjoyed the island without it.  William took care of the boys while I pretty much relaxed and didn't do anything.  All in all, the day was a lot of fun and the boys want to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment