Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Disney Cruise Vacation--Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

We began our trip home from Amarillo after lunch on Thanksgiving.  We really wanted to leave by 2 but didn't make it until 3.  We thought, no big deal.  Ashton will nap and Brec will be happy watching videos.  It certainly didn't work out that way.  I think that we stopped 8 times!  Brec had to pee at least four times because he had eaten so much melon from the edible arrangement.  But we finally made it about 9 pm.  At that point we put Ashton in bed since he had fallen asleep after we ate at Cracker Barrel in Lewisville and we put Brec in our bed with a movie so he could just fall asleep while we finished our packing.  William and I finally got in bed about 11:30.  We were so happy to not have an early flight.

The next morning I got up and went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things.  I was so glad that it wasn't too busy since it was black Friday.  They were busier at midnight when they had all their specials so I'm glad I didn't go then.  Ashton didn't wake up until after 9 so we were able to have everything ready before he even got up for the day.  It must be nice to be the baby of the family.

We headed to the airport a little before noon for our 2:20 flight.  We planned on lunch at the airport so that we didn't feel rushed.  Everyone was very excited.




We finally got on our plane after our assigned boarding time.  I will never quite understand American Airlines system.  They never seem to board when they are supposed to and our flights were always late.  Everyone seems to have to haul on their carry-on suitcases so they don't have to pay luggage fees which causes the plane to be even later.  Southwest seems to have such a better system.  Ok--so enough about that.  William and Brec flew for free with miles so I can't really complain. 





We arrived in Orlando just a little late.  We took our train to the main terminal.  I always love arriving at the Orlando Airport and seeing their train because it means we are that much closer to Disney.  William took the boys to the Hyatt at the airport while I grabbed our luggage.  I love staying at the Hyatt before our cruise because it gives us time to relax and not worry about if our plane would be delayed flying in the morning of the cruise.  We were even upgraded to a Deluxe King room so that we could fit the rollaway in with the couch folded out.

We went to dinner at the airport food court.  On the way back to the room, Brec and Ashton saw Mickey.  Mommy cried.


We went to bed that night with Ashton on the bed from the couch.  The boys were way too excited to sleep and decided to click at each other.  I was so thankful when they went to sleep and we were able to sleep as well.  At 2:12 am, I woke up because Ashton got out of bed.  He must have decided it was morning because he was doing his Little Einstein "pat pat pat" for 3 hours.  He finally went back to sleep about 5:30 am.  At that point, William and I decided he would be in a pack n play for the cruise whether he likes it or not.  I'm not dealing with the nocturnal nomad.  From then we slept...

No comments:

Post a Comment