Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Key West (11/28/10)

We didn't dock in Key West until 11:30 so we had a lazy sort of morning.  Brec dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow for the morning.


We then went to breakfast at Topsider's.  Brec and Ashton loved looking
out the window after they had breakfast.


Brec went to the Oceaneer's Club to play.  I also took Ashton so that he could enjoy playing on the slides.  Instead, he found the craft table.



We then went back to our room to watch us sail into Key West and have a snack.



I never knew the Coast Guard escorted you in with machine guns.



We got off the ship without much of a plan.  We knew we were going to eat lunch and then see a few things.  My only plan was to eat Key Lime Pie.  We ended up walking a very long ways and finally decided to eat at Fogarty's.  It was very good and a relaxing experience.  We then boarded the Conch Train to see Key West.  I got to see most everything I wanted although the pictures weren't as good as I would have liked because we were moving.





Some really cool tree...


Mile Marker 1


Ernest Hemingway's House--I thought it was interesting that no one spoke of how he died but that his wife had to sell the house because she couldn't take care of it.  There is also a coffee shop next door called the Six Toed Cat.


The End of Highway 1



More of us


Southernmost Point


We were closer to Cuba than to the Mainland USA


After the Conch Train ride we had a snack and did some looking around at Mallory Square before heading back to the ship.










No comments:

Post a Comment