After lunch we walked to Central Park. I was thankful for my iPhone again to guide us. We saw Belvedere Castle (where the temperature of NYC is taken).
We then continued walking. The boys loved the rocks that they could climb.
We also got to see some really weird trees. Ironically we have two Lacebark Elms at home and had no idea that the bark could end up looking like this.
I loved all the rocks. We are currently watching a show called "How New York was Made" on the History Chanel. Very Interesting to see how it happened with volcanos and ice.
We neared the Boathouse at this point and the boys wanted to go on a rowboat. Because William was in a lot of pain, mommy got to take them. I had to row the boat forwards (which was actually wrong) because I couldn't coordinate not seeing where I was going.
I let the boys try their hands at rowing although we didn't go anywhere. We enjoyed watching the turtles popping their heads up to see in the lake.
After rowing for an hour we returned our boat and walked to the bridge that is featured in Rod Chase's Twilight in Central Park painting.
After Central Park we headed to Serendipity to eat dinner and get the famous Frozen Hot Chocolate.
William and I shared a Hot Fudge Sundae and the boys had the hot chocolate. With those two, nothing was left in their glass. After dinner we headed back to our hotel to go to bed. We'd walked a long ways that day and we were really tired.

Christina, thanks so much for taking the time to visit Shake Shack in NYC.
ReplyDeleteHope you had an awesome vacation, and our team can’t wait to see you again next time you’re in the city!
-Brandy, Shake Shack