Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Final Day of Vacation

Originally we had planned on walking the Brooklyn Bridge and going to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory today.  Instead, Brec and I went to Dunkin Donuts and picked up breakfast and brought it back to our hotel.  We were lazy the entire day which was really nice.

Around noon we checked out and stored our luggage and headed out to get lunch.  We ate at a pizza place a few blocks from out hotel.  The pizza was great and we really enjoyed it.

We went back to the hotel and the bellhop got us a town car to head to the airport.  The ride was so much better than the last few taxi rides we had endured.  We got to the airport and the check-in agent moved us to an earlier flight (for free without us asking).  We had an okay flight although the flight attendants are probably the reason that American Airlines is in its financial situation.  They were rude and talked about how disgusting flights to Dallas are.  The only pleasant attendant was the First Class Cabin one and we didn't have that many miles to fly all of us that way.  Oh well...

We had a great vacation,.  We didn't do any commando type touring that William and I want to do sometime. We were flexible when it came to what the kids wanted to do and realizing when we need a break.  I'm not sure when I will go back to NYC.  I didn't enjoy the smell of the city (cigarette smoke and sewage) as well as the crowds.  I could go back for another Shake Shack burger though.

No comments:

Post a Comment